CDM is a distributor of specialty metals with particular strength in prime and secondary stainless steel and aluminum. CDM prides itself on knowledge of current market conditions, allowing the company to be competitive when buying and selling to customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
CDM was trying to manage their business information with one computer terminal using Excel spreadsheets. This legacy process was inefficient and could not meet the needs of the rapidly growing company. CDM needed a dynamic solution that could grow with their business and be accountable to their valued customer base.
The company has grown exponentially in product offerings, market share, and most importantly, its valued customer base. Adatasol was approached by CMD’S CFO to implement a new ERP solution to combat their inefficient legacy processes that were unable to meet the needs of the rapidly growing company.
The vision of the CFO was to create a customized ERP solution that provided a one-stop-shop for all of CDM’s information needs. This included contact management, purchasing, sales, and accounting.
Adatasol installed a cost-effective system that allowed CDM to grow efficiently and enhance its revenues. The Adatasol system has expanded and improved in concert with CDM’s growth; the system is a key element in CDM’s success.
• The Adatasol system provides CDM with substantial overhead savings. It has allowed CDM to grow more quickly while avoiding the need to purchase additional accounting software or add unnecessary staff.
• CDM manages all of its business transactions with a single information management system installed by Adatasol. There is no need to deploy and support multiple software systems. The system also gives CDM total visibility because all team members can see all contacts, purchases, sales, and inventory items.
• The new system provides a robust accounting program – receivables, payables, orders, and invoices. It allows for the real-time tracking of sales and profits, including both recaps and forecasting.
• CDM’s system also tracks detailed customer transactions and what would typically be found in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Histories of purchases, contact information, and client histories are also maintained in the system.
• Digital document filing per client and per stock item, mass emailing and constant communications within CDM’s customer base are other essential features of the system. CDM maintains test reports as well as any applicable photo documentation for items purchased.
From now on, there is no need to deploy and support multiple software systems for CMD. From your vision, Adatsol’s utilizes rapid development low code processes and works directly with your team to design, develop and deploy the final result.
Having direct access to the individuals doing the work is a significant advantage in building your software and application needs with us. Get in touch with our developers, and let us turn your vision into a reality!